FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Family MVP Rate
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:52 am
WoofusMaximus

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CCarlson Silver
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I've seen the new language across many cities, they have been changed to the more restrictive language.

Luckily I was spooked a while back and printed out the "old" language for all my upcoming reservations, most of which just said "MVP, HHonors number required" - I never did book any of the Sports language ones. But almost every one of the simple "MVP, HHonors number required" has now been changed to the Sports language.
Just another data point - Made a reservation Dec 10 at an HGI in VA, went back today to see if I went to book the room today what the rate rules would be, and the new verbiage was present. This is for a future Feb 2016 stay. I've never been asked for credentials, at least this year, and the majority of my stays were MVP. I do have UPA/APA membership cards, and I'll have a USGA one for the coming year, just in case.

An aside on AAA/etc vs MVP rates - one of the HGIs in Raleigh I've stayed at has been having the AARP rate below the MVP rate, at least for some weekend stays. (see Jan 9, 1nt, $79 vs $74 for AARP).

Last edited by WoofusMaximus; Dec 21, 2015 at 8:53 am Reason: had to clarify data point statement