FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Birthdays in HKG + SYD (CX F/J, QF J, HA F)
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:45 pm
lmwong1977

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Day 5: The Rocks Saturday Markets and Pylon Lookout

Last day in Sydney! I pack up and drop off the luggage to hold until later in the afternoon. First thing is to find some food.

The Rocks was set up for Saturday markets. Did a visit to the The Rocks museum. It's small but it's pretty interesting (and free).

These smelled amazing!

Brunch
I had used up my cash at the night market so I decide on DARE (Delicious and Responsible Eating) for its avocado smash - had a vague remembrance of something I should have in Australia. Probably did it wrong but it hit the spot.

Pylon Lookout
Time to try the Pylon Lookout - lots of stairs and could see a group doing the Bridge climb

As I was coming up, I thought the bottom guy was sitting in a rest area on the stairs! There are little bits of history throughout the Pylon so you're not staring at just stairs and plaster as you go up.

Harbour Bridge
Afterwards, I decide to walk across the bridge. It's not a very long bridge, so it's an easy stroll. There's a street market on this side too. These are more people who make stuff at home than stores with kiosks.

Head back, buy some stuff at the Markets and pick up my bag at the Hyatt before heading to the airport.