FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earn more PQMs for premium cabin travel starting in 2016
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:51 am
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I don't think I've seen another FT talk about POS...is that in your travels or are you just admiring the acronymn?
I've posted it several times as I had had a waitlisted GPU there for months until I more recently upfared to P and had a heck of a time getting UA IT to actually process the upfare.

I love the subsequent post about Suriname, though.

Originally Posted by MrOCTeckels
Earnings (PQM, RDM) are segment by segment.

I'd be very surprised if you had a P fare married to a Y fare... probably more like P+L.
I frequently have itins which are P + Y. If I request a trip be fared in F or C, and some segments in the trip don't offer a F cabin, they almost always price out in full Y (e.g. IAD-DEN-GJT in paid F is A-Y-Y-A for the segments; I've had Z-Y-Y-C once this year, and various other combinations of paid front cabin + full Y).

To answer the prior poster, though, and agree with yours about how they post, they post by segment, so P will get 200%, and Y will get 150%. I wish they would just go ahead and sell P straight through, even when there's no front cabin, for posting purposes and ease of changes if they swap in a 2-cabin a/c at some point.

I've had the problem of paid F on a trip where they downgauged a segment to a CRJ, and that segment went to Y, then they upgauged it to a CR7, and I had to call and get them to reticket to get it to go back to F for that segment--it wasn't automatic.