FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:29 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

Back of the menu. I hadn't ever bothered looking at the back of the new menu, so figured I'd snap a shot.

Shrimp on the small plate and the beet salad on the larger. The shrimp was alright - I'm not a shrimp fan usually but would have taken another piece. The beet salad was good, but I would have a) made the yellow beet slices smaller, and b) left the grapefruit out entirely (too acidic IMO).

Gelato sundae with strawberry and 'mini chocolate gems'...will remember that is a fancy way of saying M&Ms next time.
I still find it funny that United can't be bothered to even list wine as part of their beverage selections on p.s. flights, let alone a specific type. Premium Service...um, no.

Agree that the grapefruit does not go well in the salad. I did enjoy the beets, which I have not eaten in some time. Without the grapefruit, the salad is a winner.

"mini chocolate gems" is not really a fancy way to say M&Ms...it is the "lets not get sued" way to describe off-brand product when they are too cheap to get the real stuff. The same way it was "chocolate cookie-sandwich crumbles" instead of "Oreos".