FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:55 pm
PsiFighter37

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
UA 751: EWR-LAX (p.s. dinner)

First time flying p.s. on a 16J configuration. From a service perspective, it was pretty much identical to what I have had on the sUA planes. My only gripe was that the milk for the cookie (which I had never been served before today) was brought around long after I had devoured it.

Front of the menu

Back of the menu. I hadn't ever bothered looking at the back of the new menu, so figured I'd snap a shot.

Red wine to pair with the lamb...took a break from the usual Goose IPA. The FAs kept refilling with generous pours.

Shrimp on the small plate and the beet salad on the larger. The shrimp was alright - I'm not a shrimp fan usually but would have taken another piece. The beet salad was good, but I would have a) made the yellow beet slices smaller, and b) left the grapefruit out entirely (too acidic IMO).

Pretzel roll - tasty as always

Lamb shoulder for the entree. Pretty good flavoring, and unique - peppermint chimichurri is a new one. I like my meat cooked a tad more, but pretty succulent and good flavoring overall. Gnocchi was alright, and I liked the eggplant.

Gelato sundae with strawberry and 'mini chocolate gems'...will remember that is a fancy way of saying M&Ms next time.

Cookie about ~45 minutes prior to landing. Great as always.