FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Narita Int'l. Airport (NRT) Layover & Hotel Master Thread
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:08 pm
mrjay

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign
Sooo my Sat night layover is almost here. Staying at the APA hotel and landing at 4:30pm. I know the temple will be closed then (also leaving early next morning), but I would like to visit the park at night or early morning (around 7am) if possible. Would I be able to do so when the temple is closed? Is it easy to get to from APA hotel? Lastly I heard good things about Ramen Bayashi. Any other good places nearby to eat authentic Japanese food? I'll check out the links in the wiki but feel free to comment if you have any specific recommendation Thanks.
The temple and park area looked very open to me, I'm guessing that you will be able to wander about there in the evening or early morning.

As you're walking up from the train station to the temple, you will see many places to eat. I noticed a couple of shops grilling eel or fish that looked and smelled pretty darned tasty, but I needed to warm up and opted for a bowl of hot ramen. The Jet Lag bar is only a short walk up the road from Bayashi if you're seeking liquid nourishment.