FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:52 pm
BA97

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have never been through the transfer route, but unless it has changed in the last few months since my last visit, there is a MXP style transfer arrangement on the right hand side as you come off the usual BA gate on the arrivals level (when the main passport control for arriving passengers is on the left), underneath gate B8. It includes a full security check, but presumably not passport check, and then a stairway up to the 2B departure area, emerging just after the passport check on departing passengers. It's sign posted quite clearly. The only risk - perhaps - is that it's not staffed or they need to be summoned. I can't believe it's used very often. But in theory you would be back to airside departures in under 5 minutes. Let us know how it goes.
Reporting back on Budapest. It was indeed easy as you describe, through the clearly signposted transfer route to the left of Passport Control. It was manned but one of the two staff was asleep (literally). After he woke up I hung around for five minutes until four additional staff members turned up to fire up the xray machine and let me through! Came out right underneath the lounge and had 10 minutes for a beer before boarding commenced.