FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Express slow posting rewards, bonuses and credits [Consolidated]
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:14 pm
Mikity

Programs: UA Premier 1K
American Express slow posting rewards, bonuses and credits [Consolidated]

So, I signed up for my AmEx Premier Rewards card just over a month ago - 25,000 bonus points if I spend $2,000 during the first month (or is it two months). Anyway, I had spent my two grand within a few days of receiving the physical card, and on 12/01 received an email confirmation. My first statement closed on the 11th, and I paid off my balance immediately. However, no sign of my signup bonus - the points are "pending", but my actual points balance is still a big fat zero

I really was hoping to use these points for travel this month, so I called AmEx today. I got told the conditions say "6-8 weeks", and that my bonus points would post after my next statement, in January! That's obviously no good to me... The CS rep tried to take up the matter with their membership rewards dept, but was told there's nothing he can do to accelerate the process. I asked to speak to his supervisor, who told me the same thing (but in a b*tchier tone of voice).

I was just wondering if there's anything I can do to accelerate receipt of my bonus? I don't understand why it would take so much longer to receive when I've fulfilled the minimum spend conditions, and paid off my balance to boot. Am I being unreasonable here? Thanks for any responses!