FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:39 pm
daslax

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
I had a pretty negative experience trying to apply for this card today. While the banker I spoke to was never rude, I would describe the discussion as a screening process designed to weed out "undesirables" and I walked out without applying.

Among the things I was told:
-They are now only allowing people to apply for the card who are willing to start a relationship with the bank outside of the card (this was defined as opening a Platinum account with a minimum balance of $3,500).
-They wanted people who will "actually use the card".
-The promotional period ended Nov 30 (he added that they still had some outstanding applicants due to system delays, so it's possible they might be able to "squeeze" it in).

I actually had to press him on details about opening the required account, he didn't really have an interest in selling it. In reality, I probably meet the qualifications they're looking for in a potential "relationship" beyond the credit card, but he was quick to send me away with his card and told me, "why don't you think about it and let me know if you're interested".

I was definitely interested in the card beyond the signup bonus - a broader relationship, who knows... but I walked away from this with a pretty bad taste in my mouth about the bank (or at least that branch).