FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning AA LPs / Award miles etc. BA / British Airways (inc. upgraded flights)
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:42 am
davidtai

Earning AA LPs / Award miles etc. BA / British Airways (inc. upgraded flights)

I am very confused andfrustrated becuase I could not get a consistent answer from the AA representatives. Some said YES whilst some said NO

I had booked a round trip flying from KUL-LHR on the World Traveler Plus (T class) which was marketed and operated by BA.

The problem is I had successfully upgraded to the Club World by using the CX Asia Miles. So the fare class of the BA flights was changed to U. I'm a bit worried if the AA system would correctly post the miles into my AA account instead of earning nothing because those flights were upgraded from the fare class T to U.

Since the miles did not post automatically, I have already reqested the missing flight miles online. I understand the process takes time. But my concern is how long it takes for those miles to be posted becuase I've registered the fast track to elite status promotion. So I need to earn the required EQP between September 14 and December 23, 2015.

My theory is even though I flew AA's partner airline, I should have earned the miles based on the fare class of the tickets I bought rather than the fare class of the tickets I upgraded. The same situation also applies to the AA flight which was upgraded by AA miles, right? Please kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you for you time

Last edited by davidtai; Dec 14, 2015 at 7:44 am