FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to: Use AA Miles to Book Award on Etihad / EY (Archive - 2015 and earlier)
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:02 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Just heard that complimentary hotel stays aren't available for award tickets. Is this true?
I'm connecting in AUH to CCU on EY in F. Since it is a 12 hr layover I was expecting to be given a hotel room.
Can anyone confirm this?
Originally Posted by mmjaysee
Has anybody had success booking the free "premium stopover" hotel on an AA award?

http://www.etihad.com/en/plan-and-bo...ium-stopovers/

I can't seem to find any restrictions about using a mileage ticket or booking through another airline, but I'd love to hear if anybody has done this successfully?
Originally Posted by jix
Offer exclusions

The offers are not valid for seats purchased either partially or fully using Etihad Guest Miles or any other frequent flyer currency for flight rewards tickets, award upgrades, or a fare excluding taxes as part of a cash plus miles promotion.

You most likely heard correctly. I rather suspect you held overly high expectations of what your award includes. I've quoted a similar question and its reply above.

Partner awards are MileSAAver awards, the most economical available, and even if you had Executive Platinum status Etihad is not a oneworld airline. If you were flying a paid First fare in Etihad First, you'd likely have a courtesy hotel room.

You could check the Etihad Guest forum, as it addresses Etihad policies. AA never includes a hotel stay for award or paid flights outside of Off-Schedule Operations.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 13, 2015 at 8:09 am