FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overhead Storage Bin Space: Coats Versus Luggage
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:36 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BeatCal
Go back and read the OP. It was not a suit coat but a bulky winter coat. The proportion of the bin that is hers IS HERS TO USE> And yes Delta would retrain her. If she had been a man in a suit - I sincerely doubt whether the FA would have hassled her.

I was flying Japan to US and on boarding there was a young college girl in 2A - the only person not a male in a suit. The FA demanded to see her ticket and then brought the GA to reconfirm that she was in first.
I hope she filed a complaint after the flight, assuming that she was a revenue passenger. For a FA to check the boarding pass is one thing, but not the ticket as it's not the FA's business how much was paid for the fare. It also was highly inappropriate then to get the GA to further verify that the young woman was actually supposed to be in the premium cabin.

This story sounds like the work of the really old guy who worked as a FA and purser for so long on PMNW and then DL. He was really horrible to victims (also known as paying customers with generally very expensive tickets) that he didn't personally think belonged in FC and later business class (WBC and then BE). His opinion seemed to be that anyone who wasn't a middle aged or older male in business clothing shouldn't be there, although sometimes elderly well dressed couples were given reprieves if they were sufficiently deferential to him.