FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to: Use AA Miles to Book Award on Etihad / EY (Archive - 2015 and earlier)
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:14 am
SeeBuyFly

Originally Posted by louie-m
I've always checked availability of legs separately on Etihad's website but looking at LHR - SYD rather than LHR - AUH then AUH - SYD shows more availability. Can I assume that AA won't be able to see this additional availability?
EY's web site is buggy for multi-segment trips (*). The separate legs are always more credible. AA agents often can't see any availability for a multi-segment trip, but manage to find it when specifically asked to look for it segment by segment.

(*) Example: I was looking on EY's site for CCU-ORD leaving 31 Dec. If you enter that date as the search date, it shows GuestSeat (as well as OpenSeat) availability. If you switch to another date in the top row, e.g. 30 Dec , then 31 Dec displays as completely unavailable and you cannot return to it. Search again for 31 Dec and seats show as available again. (This may change at any time, but it's been doing that for a couple of days.) If I look at CCU-AUH (31Dec) and AUH-ORD (1Jan), GuestSeats are available for both flights without the above unstable behavior.

BA's web site is also buggy for multi-segment trips. If there are 4 award seats on QR for CCU-DOH and 1 for DOH-ORD (or 4 on CX for CCU-HKG and 1 for HKG-ORD), then CCU-ORD will show 4 available seats.