FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated DEN connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:39 pm
kettle1

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Nikitau
Hello there, just thought I'd point out something in case anyone happens to run into the same situation. I called CheapoAir and they told me I would have to pay a $200 to change my ticket, but UA did it free of charge. I think calling the airlines directly is worth a shot since you can't lose anything.

Although CheapoAir is the one that helps you book your tickets, you still end up on UA's system. CheapoAir will send you a confirmation code from UA and UA will be able to look you up on their system. I honestly don't think UA had any clue that I booked my ticket through a third party.

Thanks for all the other advice you gave though! I've flown my fair share of flights, but I have never, ever missed a connecting flight so I wasn't sure what would happen in that situation.

I definitely wouldn't ever want to blow my top at an agent. I imagine they must have their more than their fare share of bad days compared to the rest of the populace.

Thanks again!
OP: You are welcome. You lucked out in this case that both tickets were booked on UA ticket stock for both flts on the same ticket. Many times 3rd party web sites will book two separate tickets. Good for you.

Safe and happy travels.