FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another seat saving hassle and why I hate flying WN
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:50 pm
justhere

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by twenty2er
Respectfully, I think it's a bit of a stretch to pretend like a de facto policy doesn't exist. This cognitive flexibility require things like assuming that Southwest Vacations is for some reason posting renegade guidance about WN procedures, with apparent (willful?) ignorance by WN proper, and that WN customer service is a libelous group of rogues by telling people they can save seats.
With apologies to Rush and their Freewill song, if your policy is that you don't have a policy, then you still have a policy. Is that what you are saying? The de facto policy is that there is no policy prohibiting it. Take that any way you want.

I'm not assuming that Southwest Vacations is posting anything wrong, willfully or otherwise. I simply stated that it would be better to use Southwest's own website as a source rather than a third party's. In other words, if you can get the info from the horse's mouth, why wouldn't you? I know I'm not relying on a website that talks about vacations booked prior to June 2011 (especially when the airline doesn't even let you book 1 year in advance, let alone 4.5 years)or redirects you to Seaworld's website when you click on its banner logo.