FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Centre Toronto or Westin Harbour Castle?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:08 am
canalskater

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Altitude50
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Looking for some input from the group.

Staying in Toronto for 5-6 days in June with family in two rooms. What matters to me.
Full breakfast for PLT
Club lounge with drinks
connecting rooms
local activities for family with easy access, walking/tram etc.

I will be at the Canadian forces college up by the 401 so I will not be in the central business district.

Any nice things near the Westin Prince that should make me consider that hotel over one of the ones in downtown?
How old are your kids?
The Westin Harbourfront is great in the summer. Lots of activity on the water. The pool is really nice and there is a basketball hoop. If you like baseball you may run into ballplayers as that is the hotel for many visiting MLB teams.In the winter NHL players stay here.The PLT breakfast can be upgraded for $9 to a full buffet and is quite good.The connecting corner rooms are very spacious with a corridor between the two rooms.

The Sheraton is good for teenagers. It is connected to the Eaton Centre (large shopping centre) Lots of clubs and cafes within easy walking distance. The club lounge has fantastic views but very disappointing food selection (cereal , toast and fruit).
I stay at the Westin in the summer and the Sheraton the rest of the year.