FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:30 am
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tree100
This may not be the best place to ask the question, but I'm having trouble finding the right thread so bare with me.

I am going to be less than 1,000 TQPs shy of renewing my status on Southwest this year, so I figured I would try to spend $10K on my SWRR Premier to get the 1500 TQP. I've put $6K on it in the last two days, received fraud alerts on two of those transactions which I cleared immediately via text and completed the purchase. The 2nd to last transaction was one of those.

On my last transaction ($1500 @ CV$) the cashier did her thing, verified my ID and totaled the transaction. I swiped my card and her printer immediately printed some kind of receipt. She looked confused, read it and said, "Just a minute." She then called Chase (I believe), wrote some sort of code on the receipt that printed and we redid the swipe and purchase went through just fine.

Should I be worried about Chase shutting down all of my accounts? Is $10K too much in too short of time even if I clear the fraud alerts every time? My credit limit on this card is several multiples more than $10K. Has anyone else had experience with the strange receipt that printed followed by a phone call?

Thanks!
I'd say if you were doing only $10k of MS spend, you will have little worries.