FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Economy service on board
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:10 pm
speedlog

I flew AZ's PE FCO-JFK (return in J) and found very good.
PDB: several due to WX delay, choice of juice, pop, and Franciacorta sparkling wine. They also offered some snacks, but I think it was due to the delay.
Food: dinner service was like Y but upgraded, meaning that there was real silverware and plates. Food was good, choice of a meat dish or cheese pasta (mezzalune). Wine was not bad, nothing too interesting. Fantastic little piece of tiramisu for dessert! Proper espresso and limoncello after the meal. Before arriving at Kennedy we were given a small cheese calzone that was rather tasty.
Service: FAs were attentive and polite, but maybe not "warm". No complaints from me though. They came around with refreshments numerous times during the flight. We were also given amenity kits with a few useful items.
Seat/IFE: the particular aircraft had not yet had the EY-inspired overhaul, so no in-flight Wi-Fi. Good selection of movies and shows. The seat is fine unless you are taller (I'm not). I was able to get a snooze without much difficulty. The personal overhead lights are a bit off, so if the person behind you insists on using it, it is basically shining 40% on you...
Overall, a great concept and it was very competitively priced - I got in on the CTA/PMO-JFK fare that happened back in May, $425 ai!