FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Toilet talk: A380's economy and Dubai airport
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:30 pm
celle

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Of course the stalls have full privacy, this is the rest of the world, not America

Jokes aside, I think you hit the nail on the head: people expect airport toilets to not be any good, so they don't use them!

Glad to hear everything went ok! Just a hint for future trips, the L4 accessible lavatory on some 77Ws is noticeably larger than the other lavatories.
Sheesh! Where do you people live, that you expect airport toilets to not be any good?

I've used airport toilets in Dubai, Mumbai, Delhi, Saigon (HCMC), Hanoi, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing, Phnom Penh, Bangkok, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Mumbai, Delhi, 4 Canadian airports, at least 6 US airports and many airports in Europe and the UK.

Toilets in all those airports have been clean and private, with paper, hand washing facilities and mirrors. Even in countries where squat toilets are common, there are stalls with western toilets.

I would not hesitate to use an airport toilet and I would definitely prefer to use one than to do anything that creates smell in an aircraft toilet.