FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2014-2016)
Old Dec 9, 15, 1:36 pm
OHijAAzi73

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
Beware of Citibank....my (and reports of other MSers) checking accounts are being closed as a result of these regular MO deposits (mobile only in my case).

Over 15 years history with citi and used the account as my main checking account, billpay, checks, direct deposit etc.

Was told that ALL credit cards will be shut down too...I know, I know about the "don't sh-- where you eat" thing, there is always risk, but the total deposits were just under 3k/ month.

If you received a phone call from Citi asking about these deposits, most likely your account is being scrutinized and looked at by all kind of departments, I did receive one back in September, didn't think of it too much at the time and my poor answers may have triggered the closure, may have mentioned buying VGC for business expenses. I do own a legitimate business.

I was told that the only way to possibly keep the account open is to talk to branch manager.... and I'am willing to do so ( have to take a flight to get there) because I value Citi credit cards, but I need some feedback about how to explain these deposits to citi...obviously they are concerned about ML, our activities can be perceived as such, also was told that the reason of closure is "business activities" which maybe a nicer term for ML....

Maybe this is a lost cause but what is the best way to explain these MO deposits in a nice way to satisfy their concerns ?

Appreciate the feedback