FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:55 am
jeanie

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I am frustrated with Citi right now, and want to post the experience. I have a significant charge coming up on Dec. 10 that I knew about weeks in advance. Here is the timeline:

11/24: Applied for AA MC, immediately spoke with recon rep. Moved credit line around, was told I was approved and would receive the card in 7 - 10 days.

11/29: I never got a confirmation e-mail or anything, so I check app status. The app was never approved. So I call recon again. The credit line was moved from another card, but the first agent never finished the process. I told this agent about my charge on 12/10. She assures me I will have the card in time.

12/7: No card yet, so I call an agent. She says the card has been mailed out, and she assures me I will get it in time for the charge. Citi did not offer to expedite.

12/9: Mail has come, with no card. I call Citi, and there is no way for me to get it by 9 am on 12/10.

I had 3 different agents telling me this wouldn't be a problem. I am really annoyed with Citi right now. I will not be putting that charge on any Citi card. I could, but I won't. I have the Double Cash, but I also have a 2% Fidelity Amex. This charge is going on the Fidelity Amex because I am ticked off at Citi.