FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CRJ200 routes
Thread: CRJ200 routes
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:09 am
kop84

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why are you picking on Wausau? It has some nice highways that enable you to avoid going into the place. If one had to go there, it would make more sense to drive to/from Minneapolis/St Paul (less than three hours, depending on your specific destination in the Twin Cities area) than to drive east to Green Bay (an hour and a half to two hours since there's construction on the roads toward the airport) in order to fly west to MSP. GRB has a nice new little airport, presumably with relatively cheap parking, but I wouldn't go out of my way to fly from there.

From Wausau, you could also drive to MSN in order to get mainline service to MSP and DTW.
I've been to Wausau, it's not a bad place, just not a lot to do if you have to spend an extra day in town. I'm from a small town in Northern MN. I don't need anymore small town charm.

I was merely illustrating that with x2 daily 200 service one can have a meeting in the afternoon, spend one night and fly out in the AM, instead of having to either drive at least 90 minutes to another airport, or spend 2 nights there.