FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VX Trip Reports [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:09 am
Frindle

Originally Posted by StirredNotShaken
HNLSFO - VX Flight 50 - 11/20
SFOHNL - VX Flight 51 - 11/22

The fiancee and I had a wonderful time flying HNL-SFO and back in F (this was actually the first time the fiancee ever flew in F as well as on VX).

Inflight Crew - The best we've ever had. Our flight attendants (HNLSFO: Paul? SFOHNL: Kai) were excellent and very personable - without hesitation, they were the best flight attendants we've ever flown with.

Food - The food was excellent, although I preferred the lunch/dinner menu over the breakfast menu for the only fact that I'm not a morning person (and a 7:45AM flight has its challenges for me). But both meals were fantastic - the fiancee gave her glowing approval.

Seats - Very nice. The fiancee said that this was her favorite part of the flights. It didn't matter to us that they weren't lie-flat because they were got pretty far down - the seating adjustments were more than adequate to get us comfortable.

Ground staff - They were very pleasant, and that was an oddity for us. Other airlines' ground staff are typically hostile (and we don't consider ourselves as PITA customers in any way), but VX ground staff were very nice to everyone. It's sad that this is considered a rarity nowadays, but big points to VX!

Only request - Honolulu needs more flights to the West Coast, and VX has a single HNLSFO flight at this time. I understand that HNLLAX flights will eventually come our way when the new batch of A320's are brought in; but we definitely need a Red Eye flight to SFO in order to hop on to connecting flights. Should VX add new flights, they will be a welcome competitor for our Transpac market (which we definitely need in Hawaii).

Bottom line: Highly impressed with VX's product. The fiancee says that VX has spoiled her for life (and she's a Hawaiian Air devotee).
I just got off this flight in F, the food was ok, but the inflight entertainment was really lacking. Not many movies to choose between and not many options for TV shows. I know they normally rely on streaming satellite TV, but they need to add more content for a 6 hour flight with no other options.

Great service, but they seemed to board the employees (non-revs) before F, which doesn't seem right. Loved the enforcement of F bins for only F pax, though.