FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:14 pm
gmitchs

Programs: UA1K, F9 Ascent
Yesterday, flying OZ 201 from LAX to ICN, an 11 or 12 year old Chinese boy proceeded to coat his J seat and immediate area with a crazy amount of vomit. Had noticed this boy before we took off off as he was standing on his seat, playing games on his tablet at full volume and yelling at his mom who was sitting right next to him.

About an hour and a half into the flight, as lunch service was underway, four flight attendants, outfitted in plastic gloves and face masks arrived on the scene. I was about 10 feet away but it was making me nauseous too. They applied all types of air fresheners but it only masked the odor. Pretty unpleasant. The little boy took a new seat in front of his mother.

Throughout the flight the mother did nothing. She did not try to help the boy when he was sick and left everything for the flight attendants to do. Even as we were approaching to land at ICN, the boy was up standing on his seat and then walking down the aisle. Nothing from his mom. A flight attendant came running into the cabin and forced the child into his seat and seat belt. She walked past me right as the plane touched down. Crazy.

Felt bad for the FA's on this flight.