FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ID Checks between Sweden and Danish borders
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:58 pm
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Some of the standard food served may not comply with religious/ethnic preferences, so going to a grocery store may be the only option...@:-)
The fact is that they are not allowed to get out until they are processed by migrationsverket. They were told that they will break the law if they do, but they still go out to "shop".

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I guess the logic is that nobody in their right mind would hop off before Stockholm.
Of course, remember a group of "migrants" refused to get off the bus at Sundsvall? I'm just shocked that they place demand where they want to live. I thought the whole reason for seeking asylum is to be placed in somewhere safe, no government should give each person a 50 sq. m apartment in Malmo/Stockholm.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well, I'm sure the Swedish are sensitive enough not to serve pork as free meals, but if you are served soup and bread or something similar of unknown definition for a week and only stukc to the bread, I'm sure you will head to the next grocery store to buy something that has a label with ingredients on it.
I don't know about asylum centres but I found Swedish dagis/schools are very sensitive about what they serve for lunch. There is always a vegetarian option daily (unless the meal is vegetarian already), of course no pork is ever on the menu, beef is like once in a while. I have no idea if the meat they serve is halal or not.

It doesn't matter how long you have to hang on with bread, but if you step out from that centre you are breaking the law because they don't have a valid visa to enter Sweden - they should never do something illegal. What makes the matter worse is that the police is not doing anything about it - they watched them walk out.