FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ID Checks between Sweden and Danish borders
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:13 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
Wonder how they are doing it now.

Those I saw on newspaper wanting to go to Emporia was those who didn't like the food provided at the asylum centre and there are also some ate at McDonald's too (really not cheap).

I don't mind that they come, as long as they go back when the situation has improved (what is really ridiculous is that some of these people have a "preferred" country - again EU needs to have a unified standard on refugee treatment). Those got out has more resources and they are very much needed to re-develop their country. In my kids school there are some refugees kids too that are not real refugees. They wanted to get out of their country because they want to have access to better medical system for their children (that's what I was told).
Given the chance for slop food from some "lowest-cost" government contractor or choosing my own food for the same cost, I know where I'd go: shopping. McDonald's in Sweden can be pretty cheap, like 1500 calories for $6.

I use my movement allowances to travel and be where I think is best for me and/or for those for whom I may have a fiduciary or other duty. I would expect the same from most decent people in a position of responsibility.

Given the border controls between Denmark and Sweden, it may be a failure of fiduciary duty to advise companies to locate or grow their European operations in the Oresund region when government is going to behave so fickle as to disrupt staffing/labor flows like this. The border control hassle hitting regional commuters also hits employers who have become habituated to having staff from both sides of the bridge showing up on time and having a reasonable quality of life with a decent work-life balance.

By the way, if taking a SJ train from CPH to Stockholm, the border control checks take place twice: hitting everyone at Hyllie and then again at Stockholm Central if the passengers supposedly look "foreign". But these SJ trains stop at other places too, but aren't as "controlled" at all the interim stops.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 8, 2015 at 5:28 am