FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:59 am
fern76

Programs: IHG SPG KF OW Marco Polo
Originally Posted by pompipi
I want to check with the rest on this forum if they have experienced such an incident:

I did not spend any amount on my UOB PP Amex in the last billing cycle (only transaction was the payment of the previous month's balance), but in the current statement, it was indicated that "You've been awarded additional XYZ UNI$ for spending at participating 10X F&B merchants with your Preferred Plat AMEX Card".

I always thought UOB's award of UNI$ is current, unlike DBS Points (specifically for Altitude), where the additional "points will be computed and awarded ... within 90 days after each calendar month", making the tracking of DBS awarded points especially difficult and slow.

Any comment?
I think I have the answer to your question as it happened to me a few times when my bonus UNI$ did not tally and I pursued UOB about it.

For some silly reason, the bonus points cycle ends earlier than the statement cycle. For example, my statements end on the 15th but for some reason, restaurant transactions on the 15th (or close to end of statement cycle) will not be calculated in the same statement and will instead be reflected in the following bill.

I feel it is just a ploy on UOB's part to confuse card members. I have very little faith in that bank but I must say complaining to the MAS helped a great deal. I fist complained about them earlier this year and when I recently called them to inquire about the PRVI miles limo bookings and as usual got a crappy CSO, I requested a call back. I didn't expect one but I got it in half an hour. Amazing, there must be a huge red flag next to my account when I call or something!