FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis - Washington D.C. post renovation 2008 on [Master Thread]
Old Dec 6, 2015, 8:55 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Service Recovery
Service Recovery
Service Recovery

I received world class service recovery at this hotel that is really worth a mention. After yet another terrible check in experience at a St. Regis hotel (why?!), the recovery was amazing. First of all I was upgraded for the rest of my stay to an Empire Suite. This is surely in my top 10 of suites in terms of size. Huge living room, dining room, pantry, etc. And the quality isn't bad either. 1380 square feet!

Earlier when I was sent to the bar by the front desk, the F&B director took pity on me and offered me a drink on the house. It ended up being two Manhattans and I had more later that night and enjoyed myself so much that I didn't address the check in issue til the next day. I confronted the front desk manager who apologized profusely and wanted very much to make it right and wanted me to really value my St. Regis experience. ^

Then the next evening after I returned to my Empire Suite I found the most amazing bottle of complimentary wine that I've ever had in my 20 year travel career spanning thousands of hotel nights. A bottle of 2005 Savigny-lès-Beaune. 2005! 2005 is one of the greatest Burgundy vintages ever and it is really hard to find any wine from this year. I've received countless bottles of complimentary wine over the years at many great hotels, but nothing comes close to that. And there was a nice quality fruit and cheese platter that came with it. I also experienced exceptional service in the bar throughout my stay. I have the highest regard for the F&B Director here and expect that this hotel will stay great no matter what changes will come with Marriott.

FYI there is a new owner here as a Qatari firm bought the hotel earlier this year. Word is that improvements are on the way.