FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR/CX to and from Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:12 am
fbrj

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Im flying tomorrow OSL-DOH-HKG.

OSL-DOH is on QR, while DOH-HKG is on CX for a change. I have picked CX, as they offer their Cirrus J product, opposed to QR's A332 refurbished J product (which I've flown quite a few times).

I have managed to print out both boarding passes - the QR one through the QR website, and the CX one from the CX website.

Interestingly, on the CX website, it makes mention that I should use the Oryx Lounge at HIA during my short stop-over.

However, I would have thought I'd have access to the Al Mourjan as I am travelling in J?

I will of course update as I go, but I wondered if anyone had experience of this?

Also, where at OSL are the QR check-in counters?
I have recently done that return journey in J, starting in OSL. My booking was through the CX website. I had access to the Al Mourjan lounge in each direction - I think my lounge invite was issued by QR when checking in at the QR counter in OSL but on the return journey I just showed my boarding pass.
The QR counters at OSL are on the far right hand side as you enter the Departures level, Section H next to the BA counters.

ps on the return, our departure to OSL was from the E gate area. It was a long walk from the Al Mourjan lounge - a brisk 15-20mins!

Last edited by fbrj; Dec 6, 2015 at 9:20 am