FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Dec 5, 2015, 4:02 pm
reclusive46

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Here's the story:

I ordered the card on Tuesday, November 24th. Next day the app shows that the card was posted on November 25, which I found difficult to believe, but assumed that meant that was the date that they placed the order with mastercard to have one printed. Just as the 10 day delivery window was coming to a close, the app switched to a posting date of December 21st and an expected delivery date of January 1! So, this morning I decided to try communicating via the app to see what Support had to say about this back order. The rep replied, "You should get your new card soon." We shall see ...

I did get my PIN for the United Nations debit card today, which is clearly explained to be permanently assigned to the card, just as the credit card one is, and my Wells Fargo ones as well.
Royal mail is experiencing some severe delays with mail right now, a birthday card I sent took over two weeks to get to someone the other week and they only live a 2 hour drive away (And that was first class). All mail leaving the UK is also being screened for additional security as well, which is bound to slow down the mail further.