FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Greenpoints Hose Job
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2000, 1:10 pm
Papollo

Here is an e-mail I just sent to a Greenpoints merchant, copied to the greenpoints Public Relations department:
---------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]

Hello,

I recently purchased an Acer top-of-the-line laptop from your site. I paid $3200+. I am very pleased with the unit, and will be purchasing 2-3 more for my staff. I was going to purchase these additional machines through your site, but will no longer do so due to the actions of one of your partner sites.

I navigated to your site by clicking through the greenpoints.com site. I shop at sites on the WWW that afford me the opportunity to accrue frequent flyer miles. I had intended to click through the greenpoints site to reach you again, and collect additional greenpoints I could exchange for American Airlines 500 mile certificates. With no warning greenpoints.com has doubled the number of greenpoints needed to obtain a certificate, from 2,500 to 5,000. I choose to no longer do business with a concern that advertises their product never loses its value, and then promptly halves the value of its product. Unfortunately, this means I will not be purchasing from BUY.COM. I have found alternate suppliers that will provide the laptops and frequent flyer points in a dependable manner.

A copy of this message has been posted to www.flyertalk.com, a bulletin board read by thousands of people like me who are willing to spend on the WWW, and who value frequent flyer points as I do.

Regards,
Paul Apollo