FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:48 am
AlwaysFlyStar

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by jbfield
Are you sure that's the way they do it on A3?
I definately got a new ticket number when my coupons were processed, but not sure if I got a new PNR...which if I did would result in a separate booking rather than being associated with the original one.
For me, it has varied considerably. However, I feel like earlier in the year, I always got a new PNR. These days, (including a flight I am about to board tonight) I have not. Also, a few months ago (July), when waitlisting, it did seem to split the reservation showing 1 in Y and 1 in I. However, this time, (again with the flight I am boarding tonight) it did not do that, and just showed in I once it was confirmed. (Little more than 24 hours after the request was made)
So, honestly, I think they are just working the system. I mean, at the beginning of the year, waitlisting wasn't an option and upgrade was only available if award availability. Now, if there is any business seat, it seems most of the time they will give it to you. So I think they are just trying to maximise the utility of their system.