FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences on UA with aborted takeoffs, landings, go-arounds, .... [Consolidated]
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:52 pm
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by physioprof
Third was an attempted landing at EWR in windy, rainy, foggy conditions. Massive turbulence coming in, and it seemed like we were literally inches from touching down when we pulled up suddenly and diverted to Albany.
Oh, thanks for reminding me, I kept thinking there was a fourth @:-) (maybe more if more posts trigger memories).

In fact it was May or June this year at IAD and we too were what felt like inches above ground (saw runway from my window and was waiting for jolt of wheels hitting ground) and pilot announced we were going to divert (and I was going to lose my connection to Austrian Biz seat ).

Lucky for me, after circling IAD for about 15 minutes pilot came on to say storm's over and we'll land at IAD after all, so I made my connection

Most memorable was PHX, where US CR9 dropped like a rock close to the runway in the summer heat All too happy to do a goaround ^