FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:24 pm
no2chem

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
IC Panama Miramar

IC Panama Miramar

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Ambassador

Also, they actually recognized spire ambassador, which was great-- I had a fear after becoming "spire" they would assume that I had no status...

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, extremely

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard King, AAA rate for USD 139.
Upgraded to top floor royal suite (this suite is huuuuuge), with club access.
Stayed for only one night, 1PM check-in, 5AM check-out (shame, shame...)

How are the rooms?
The suite is huge, about 5 large sized rooms... (1200 sq ft, maybe?) It occupies almost all of the 25th floor. Furnishings are more classic, kind of like IC Paris, but still nice room. Molton brown amenities.

What was your welcome gift?
Some fruits and a bottle of water.

How is the exec. lounge?
Well, it was a bit dated (yeah, nothing like the lounges in Europe, but fairly good for central america), but the staff were generally attentive and offered free drinks during the day. At happy hour (6-8pm) they had a decent offering of food and desert with ceviche and all.

What was good and what was bad?
In general, everything was great. The hotel is located in a decent location, (~10m walk to a nearby shopping mall and to old panama), I just took an uber everywhere, recommend doing that instead of the the taxis (someone told me the hotel taxis are more expensive than regular taxis). Uber was $12 from the Crowne Plaza Airport, where I stayed the night before, and $8 to Miraflores (closest set of Panama canal locks).

Value for $? Would you return?
Great value at the price, would definitely return.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Dec 4, 2015 at 5:03 am