FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX to LIM with BA or AA?
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:47 pm
enzian

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
I am hoping to book LAN to SCL in J with either Avios or AS miles about a month from now, and have been "practicing" to see what is available, using the BA website. We are in Seattle but can fly from any US LAN airport. Looking 330-331 days out,,when it seems the award seats are released, I have found seats only from MIA, never LAX. This is in all classes, not just J. And for the Miami flights, there is always just one seat in J, never two. Is it possible they only release one?

This is in complete contrast to the last time I "practiced", looking last April for flights late February 2016--- so again around 330 days out. There seemed to be lots of award seats in J from JFK on the 787 ( flight 553) but now I find nothing on LAN for late October (330 days out).

Actually I may give up on LAN and fly AA, as their flight from MIA to SCL goes direct, while the LAN flight stops at LIM. Or we could fly from DFW, which is also a direct flight on AA. I did not check what kind of plan they use. Which is the better product in J? DFW would actually be quicker for us to reach from SEA.