FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences on UA with aborted takeoffs, landings, go-arounds, .... [Consolidated]
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:10 pm
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
As to sharp rates of climb, that's SOP for go arounds. I had one on a 777 arriving SFO and it's amazing how fast they climb when they've used most of the fuel.
Thanks for posting that. Been on a few, and it really does feel like thrust is stronger.

Originally Posted by NgatesSEA
I recorded a video on a UA 757 going around at SFO a couple of years ago[/url] Was caused by loss of separation and we were just coming into SFO from SAN
Great video ^

I think now it would be the foreign carrier (that's what I think I saw) that would do go around.

Originally Posted by jewels421
I've had two emergency landings and one aborted take-off, and this was definitely the most unsettling.
Three go arounds for me, but I think I'll take three of them over aborted take-off or emergency landing @:-)

Originally Posted by Imstevek
I know my experience was nothing like a takeoff.
My feeling as well.

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Ever taken off out of SNA?
Yes, and go arounds feel different to me.

Originally Posted by TheTakeOffRush
I'm always curious about the frequency of go-arounds. Never been through one. Yet.
Took me YEARS of flying to get one, then two fairly close together, and none in last five year flying at least 1K miles a year.