FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences on UA with aborted takeoffs, landings, go-arounds, .... [Consolidated]
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:39 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by NgatesSEA
If you are commenting on my video, then I am confused. I was listening to Channel 9 (remember the good old days when that was possible?) and ATC continued to ask the CX 747 on the parallel approach to slow down. After the CX 747 said they could not slow further, we were sent around. Our captain was grumpy about it and questioned ATC. They told him to call when we landed but blamed the CX 747 for not slowing for our go-around. I may be totally wrong about the actual cause, but that was what I heard.
I had a similar experience on an LH 747 a number of years ago coming into 28R at SFO. We initiated the go-around fairly early on, so I don't remember it being particularly dramatic (agree with the people who say "like a takeoff"). We got some nice views of SF as we circled to slot back in, and afterwards the pilot came on and blamed the aircraft landing on 28L. I was watching it out of the window, but I don't recall anything technical about it other than "that plane seems pretty close.."