FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEW : Westin Hotel, San Jose, CA (was Sainte Claire Hotel) opening July 9 2015
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:48 pm
wildblueyonder

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC
I have had nice upgrades at this hotel, but San Jose's woeful lack of full-service hotel capacity isn't helping this hotel's urgency about real noise problems (and poor customer service).

E.g.: my complaint re: 5AM construction noise outside my 5th floor Market Street facing window... the front desk (manager?) insisted there was no construction or noise problem... except "maybe sometimes at night from the [Marriott] bar across the street".

I guess he thought he could convince me I was mistaken about waking up in bed to the sound of construction equipment beeping... at 5:00, :15, :30, :45 until I gave up and got out of bed... Really....

I gave up, walked outside and saw a cement mixer and an 8 foot drill attached to a backhoe. I took a picture.

Not sure if he was too lazy to walk outside, just sick of noise complaints the hotel and/or city won't address or just didn't care.

Whatever the case, poor service.

On the last day of my visit, I asked for a 2PM checkout extension (not event a 4PM checkout). Very blunt (uncoached, ham-fisted) response: sorry, not possible, fully committed. I understand late platinum checkout is subject to availability, but it seemed odd for a Thursday and I certainly didn't appreciate the tone.

Lastly, I submitted similar feedback via the hotel's survey and haven't heard a word. I have never submitted feedback below a "5" (frankly below a "7") on the spg survey without some kind of contact from the hotel.

On multiple levels, it seems like this hotel is struggling and / or just doesn't care. They don't need to do better, and they let you know it.

I can't imagine patrons at the nearby Marriott and Fairmont have those kinds of issues. And for $390/night, patrons at this Westin shouldn't have to deal with them either.

Last edited by wildblueyonder; Dec 1, 2015 at 12:56 pm