FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:04 am
joakgarp

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by danger
If it gets approved with breakfast then you will be lucky. The BRG T&Cs clearly state that the competitor's rate must be room only; no extras will be matched. Indeed, to have a competitor's rate that included breakfast even assessed, let alone approved, is a success in itself as that shouldn't have happened (putting aside the fact we all know about Hyatt's BRG - it's a roulette).
The Hyatt rep. I talked you by phone said the same thing but the deal must be the same as Hyatt offers. So if Hyatt offers bed and breakfast then the deal must offer the same. The actual Hyatt hotel does offer breakfast through Advanced purchase Bed and breakfast and that's the deal I'm comparing it too.
Further she said my claim was correct and everything looked fine and that I should wait for the agent to respond.

By selling _both_ Bed and breakfast and Room Only and finding the same on a competitive site you'll be automatically disqualified? The guarantee should be valid for both as the title Best Rate Guarantee says. I'm not sure if a court would approve of this marketing as it's a bit misleading for the customer. It's not called Best Rate Room Only Guarantee. It's called Best Rate Guarantee. Whatever the T/C says.

Last edited by joakgarp; Dec 1, 2015 at 8:21 am