FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:55 am
danger

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Have read through this thread a bit and would like to you a bit of my experience with Hyatt and my BRG request.

I submitted a BRG-request last friday evening. The agent responded after 23 hours on saturday and approved the better price and website but he couldn't see the deal was including breakfast even if the print screen I attached with the form from Hyatt.com clearly showed the price was including breakfast.

Have replied three times by then with another two different screen shots which says breakfast is included in the price. Still no respond after their first email from saturday. Called them on monday and a lady said my BRG claim was in their queue but she couldn't do anything from her side because these BRG-claims take up too much of their time and administration by phone. No problem but please hire more people to answer your email from your customers?

Hyatt has still hasn't responded back since saturday and I feel this is really ruining my Hyatt experience of being a first class hotel chain. I had great respect for Hyatt before but I'm greatly disappointed in how slow Hyatt respons to this matter or if they delete my emails. Will save about 1000$ with this deal so I'm not giving up, but this is taking up too much of my private time.
The deal is still there with the same price and including breakfast but I can't personally guarantee how many days it's going to last.
If it gets approved with breakfast then you will be lucky. The BRG T&Cs clearly state that the competitor's rate must be room only; no extras will be matched. Indeed, to have a competitor's rate that included breakfast even assessed, let alone approved, is a success in itself as that shouldn't have happened (putting aside the fact we all know about Hyatt's BRG - it's a roulette).