FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:08 am
generikz

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by generikz
I'm curious to know why I was rejected. If I am rejected... it feels like 99% others would be. Unless they discriminate foreigners vs. locals. By the way, Citicard approved within 3 business days.
To be fair, I must post an update to this story.

MAS claim obviously forced UOB to treat me like a normal client and not an automated application robot. I was called directly by an account manager who assured the application process would be reviewed and that I could eventually re-apply (if I still wanted to) without waiting for the 6-month black-out period after being denied.

I re-did my application today on their advice (note that the website has changed now and makes things a lot easier to upload documents), using exactly the same information and... instant in-principle approval.

Go figure.

Now I will be able to arbitrage between UOB Amex and Citibank Amex mileage cards and decide after one year which one I should keep.

So, my thanks to MAS for listening/acting when contacted and my respect to UOB for adopting a more proper attitude and going the extra mile to manage an unhappy prospect to eventually bring him back to their card offering.

Julien