FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed connection - moved from BA WT+ to AA Y - tier points?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:08 am
asy949

Missed connection - moved from BA WT+ to AA Y - tier points?

Hi
I hope someone can advise here. I've seen similar themes raised in this forum from searching, but the ones I've come across do not seem to involve the "opted for other flight issue" described below (unless I'm not searching hard enough - jet lag).

Itinerary DUB-LHR-ORD return. DUB-LHR on Y, LHR-ORD on WT+, all on BA metal, and ticketed by BA.

Narrowly missed LHR-ORD due to delayed departure of DUB-LHR.

Was offered to be put on standby for LHR-ORD on AA metal which was due to leave in <2 hours, in Y. Was also told that if I didn't make standby to go back to them to be put on BA flight the next day. I was told that in *that sequence* - this is important see below.

So I made it onto the AA flight. Called BA exec club today to clarify the TP situation and they say TPs will be awarded as Y, not WT+ as "I was given the option to take the BA flight the next day but opted for the AA flight" (!!!??).

Only recourse was to wait for the AA flight to post and escalate it with their admin team. (In this case, the AA flight might not post as I doubt they transcribed EC number in chaos, so do missing avios online and raise it - in 72 hours).

The frustrating thing is that I had planned my travel to scrape it through into Silver by 8 Jan 2016, and will now miss that if they stand their ground.

What options do I have here? Any experience either way?

Thanks in advance.