FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TB Followers - Top issues TB should address in 2016? [flame free]
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:17 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by hhoope01
There are a lot of possibilities that go beyond the normal forum creation/shuttering. Does everyone on the TB have a complete understanding of everything the current vBulletin software can or can't do? If not, maybe TB could ask for either a vBulletin white paper or maybe a demonstration or Q/A session on what is possible. There may well be functionality that FT isn't making full use of. Or maybe the TB might see something where IB could make some improvements or add functionality. What about how the forums are structured (i.e. Miles & Points, Airlines and Mileage Programs, etc.). Could a different structure be more beneficial? Some specific forums (i.e. IHG forum) has a sub-forum.
I have asked IBobi to please address this portion of your comment; and I am confident that he will do so.

He offered to me an explanation as to the reason which Internet Brands does not use the current version of the vBulletin bulletin board software to power FlyerTalk.

By the way, for those of you who did not know this: vBulletin was acquired by Internet Brands — the company which currently owns FlyerTalk — several years ago.