FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How far are you willing to fly in economy?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:36 pm
Stez

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
I'm a long time lurker. I notice this is a forum full of Gold's, a smattering of Silver's and then "the rest"... the unwashed masses so they say...

Economy gets some slack on here, but it's not too bad. I enjoyed CW cabins for the first time this Summer thanks to you guys on FT (LHR-BOS/LAX-LHR, LCY-JFK/BOS-LHR, LHR-BKK), but make a point of booking at least some trips in WT/WTP to keep one's expectations in check.

For me, dayflights are manageable in WT, like LHR-BOS, LHR-SFO etc.

But, knowing the FT tricks for CW, something like BA15 to SYD in one haul in Y might be a bit of a stretch. So I guess that's my limit... my spending jumps there to look at stopovers/WTP/ex-EU J.

ET is perfectly acceptable intra-Europe. I fly CE only on RFS when the only good time and availability is in Club, or on an ex-EU positioner to London.
World Traveller Fuss
I "commute" between Australia and the UK in Y. There's a fair few hardcore Y-travellers on this board. Work pays for it.

Personal travel, I try to get at least WT+ if not J if prices are reasonable, but the accumulated airmiles usually make getting J flights quite straightforward for me. That may change now that some of the cheaper Y buckets to Australia now only get me marginally more TPs than a return domestic.