FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TB Followers - Top issues TB should address in 2016? [flame free]
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:08 pm
dchristiva
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
I was asked to copy a post I made in the private TB forum to share with everyone. I think the ideas in that post (other than the idea for TB to have regularly-scheduled meetings) have already been presented in other posts I've made in this thread, but it is an effort to consolidate the ideas. Also, thanks to several members who were the true originators of some of these objectives. Please keep the great ideas coming and let TB know what you want/expect in the coming year(s).

Originally Posted by dchristiva
TB needs to be more transparent and reflect the views of all of our members, not just a small clique. We need to convey who we are and what we are so members understand our role and what we can and cannot do. We need to encourage member participation and do what we can to reverse the trend in TB voting each year. In short, we need to make TB relevant to the membership.

There have been a number of solid, constructive ideas raised by members in a number of threads. We should try to address them. I've also never been a part of a board that doesn't have regularly scheduled meetings with an agenda to discuss. I recommend that we try to change that in an effort to raise creativity and to try to get out in front of various issues.

If we're just going to spend time on forums and making rules that only affect TB, I think we're doing membership a gross disservice. I think the bar should be set higher than just duplicating last year. We accomplished some good things, but clearly membership is focused as much on how things are done as what is done.