FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TB Followers - Top issues TB should address in 2016? [flame free]
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:58 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I won't touch anything that could be interpreted as discussing moderation [maybe I shouldn't even write this], but otherwise at times I've suggested that if we have a potential suggestion for FT we should discuss it and consider making a formal recommendation even if doing so isn't exactly within our powers or could involve something other than what the CD would prefer, with the understanding that as usual the CD is free to either take our advice or ignore it.

What I don't think we should ever do is to vote on something that's unclear or self contradictory. We especially should never vote for a motion and then tell the CD to interpret it differently or not to implement it immediately. If we can't arrive at a consensus in most cases or cannot work out the details of our recommendations, then our advice simply isn't very useful and we lose the valuable role we have been given to try to improve FT.