FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Public transport in Aus/NZ
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:50 pm
cavemanzk

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by troyhouse
Queenstown/ZQN
- hotel has daily shuttle to center of town, will use this mainly for back and forth.
- i might need to arrange bus or taxi for trip to wanaka , what is the best option for this, yello or some other form of taxi. I have to reach the location by 9am for skydiving. what are the other options for 3 people and to prearrange it.
Personally I'd look at getting a rental car in ZQN, taking public transport you'll miss about 80% of the scenery. The best bits are most of the time just off the main route, or stopping in the middle of nowhere, we're a bus isn't going to stop.

Have an look at the likes of Apex and Juicy rentals, you should be able to get an car for around $40NZD/Day. And if there is three of you, its going to be much cheaper than taxi's/ public transport.

Bare in mind taxis in New Zealand aren't cheap, you can spend $100 on an 30km journey.

What are you planning todo in the town itself in Queenstown? there isn't much to see in the town. You need to get out of the town, and head down the road to places to like Glenorchy to see the most.

With Queenstown-Wanaka you'll miss out on the crown range, if you we're take an bus.