FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few useful Amadeus commands
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2002, 9:22 am
fokker50

A few useful Amadeus commands

Hi!
Few years ago I tried to work as an independent travel agent. It was interesting experience and I learned few things about Amadeus booking system. By knowing some basic and some not-so basic Amadeus commands I have later saved lot of time and money while booking my flights as a customer (I have experienced that many full-time travel agents do not know them).
Here is list of some of my favorites – feel free to advice your TA if needed .

1# How to find cheapest fare between two points
FQDSTOAMS/S
Explanation:shows all fares for all carriers between Stockholm (STO) and Amsterdam (AMS), from lowest to highest

2# How to see all possible routings
FQR3
Explanation: shows all allowed routings for (letīs say) third fare listed - very useful in case of mileage running

(Commands 1 and 2 are r e a l l y basic but in last year I have encountered with two TA-s who were not aware of such possibilities )

3# How to insert frequent flyer card numbers per segment
SRFQTV UA-MXXXXXXXXXX/P1/S3
SRFQTV UA-SKEBBXXXXXXXXX/P1/S4
SRFQTV UA-UAXXXXXXXXXXX/P2
Explanation: flights of United Airlines; first passenger prefers to earn Mexicana Frecuenta miles for third segment in itinerary and Eurobonus points for fourth segment in itinerary, second passenger prefers collect Mileage Plus miles for all segments)

4# How to pull up any PNR from ANY Amadeus office
RT-A1XB4Q-JOHNSON-057-1234567890
Explanation: by recloc, passenger name and ticket number

5# How to check whether is it cheaper to issue ticket abroad and/or use agency located in another country (your TA may not like that idea )
FXP/R,JNB.SIN
Explanation: point of sale Johannesburg, ticketing in Singapore
Useful when SOTO / SOTI / SITO sales are not allowed

Additions are appreciated!

[This message has been edited by fokker50 (edited 09-22-2002).]