FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TB Followers - Top issues TB should address in 2016? [flame free]
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:11 pm
dchristiva
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well gee Dov, given establishing forums is within TB's purview & also sorting out some other internal rules, what do you want TB to accomplish? In 4 years (well 5 if you go back to my original being on board), TB accomplished a lot.

As FT evolves/matures, there aren't going to be a gazillion things for TB to approve. That doesn't negate TB, as mia & B747 mentioned above.

TB has gone on record asking IB to move forward w/ things that are not technically w/in TB purview but in hopes of adding some weight to it. But let's back up a bit - what exactly did TB do during your term other than establish (or not establish) forums? No, I don't want to get into a pissing war w/ you but seriously give me a break. You're starting to sound like oz, who of course walked uphill in the snow 30 miles etc etc

I was speaking of moderation because Dov said there were 2 things off-limits. Given the mod stuff has always been off-limits that had to be one of them. I have no idea what the other was. My comment re: blue in the face was specific to that topic, although you're trying to expand it beyond what I intended.

I think TB does listen to input from members, has implemented things members would like, and has tried to get (within its limits) ahead of the curve. But if you don't think it has, and given you're in your 2nd year of being a TB member, I look forward to your specific suggestions moving forward now that I'm back on TB & I'm sure FTers do as well.

Cheers.
I can see that this TB has little or no interest in trying to advance FT beyond where it stands today. I suspect it's in everyone's best interests if I leave the board rather than try to convince folks of anything they don't want to be convinced of.