FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TB Followers - Top issues TB should address in 2016? [flame free]
Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:53 pm
dchristiva
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I think (although am not 100% certain) that one of the items off-limits Dovster was referring to was moderation/moderators. That was true under Randy & is true under the current CommunityDirector. So TB can talk itself blue in the face, but that's not going to change. Again, the 2 entities serve different purposes. If you or any other TB members have problems w/ the separation of church/state (ie, TB/Mods), then the appropriate thing to do would be to PM the CommunityDirector.

Cheers.
I wasn't specifically speaking of moderation. If FT wants those two things to be separate and distinct (TB and moderation), then okay. But I think there are a myriad of other topics that may warrant discussing until TB is blue in the face. If authority has solid logic for why a topic is off limits, fine. But until then, I think TB owes membership persistence with respect to constructive recommendations. Further, I think TB ought to demonstrate some creativity and get ahead of the curve on some things that would make FT an even better place.